SalonQP (in it’s third year) will be held in November 2011. It will be held for the first time at the Saatchi Gallery in London’s Chelsea. It will be bigger and better than ever before.
Details of the event is as follows:
London SW3 4RY
Exhibition opening hours:
Thursday 10 November: VIP reception
Friday 11 November: 12:00 - 18:00
Friday 11 November: 18:00 - 21:00 Evening reception
Saturday 12 November: 12:00 - 18:00
The following brands have confirmed their attendance:
A. Lange & Söhne
Bell & Ross
SalonQP will also have a gallery devoted to smaller independent watch makers including:
Heritage Watch Manufactory
Maîtres du Temps
Schofield Watch Company
SalonQP is about discovering the art of watchmaking, as well as the watches themselves. To that end Salon QP will be staging specialist exhibitions, presentations and debates throughout the event, all designed to bring watchmaking to life. 2011’s interactive content will include:
Jaeger-LeCoultre’s watchmaking masterclass.
- A History of Watchmaking exhibition curated by the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie.
- A display of the finalist and winning entries of the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers Picturing Time student design competition.
- John C. Taylor’s spectacular Chronophage.
- A series of lectures and debates by QP contributors, watchmakers, designers and auction experts including a round-table design talk.
- Bulgari's Kaleidoscope, which offers a unique view of the intricate internal mechanics of a complicated watch movement; a new version is being created exclusively for SalonQP.
- An expert services and repairs stand will give visitors the opportunity to have their own watches serviced by some of the best watchmakers.
SalonQP has already proved itself as a platform for launching new designs and watches. For this exhibition, expect to view the following:
- MB&F’s Horological Machine No. 5
- Roger Smith’s completed Daniels’ Co-Axial 35th Anniversary Wristwatch
- Vacheron Constantin’s Métiers d’Art studio, which will be appearing for the first time in London
- Schofield Watch Company and John Isaac who will both be launching their brands at SalonQP
For more information:
Photograph: Salon QP
Post a Comment